Quote of the week

"I have learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

Sunday, September 29, 2013

5301 reflection

One of the major things I realized with the action research is how flexible and beneficial it is for all educators to use.  It is an amazing way to personalize his/her professional development through finding topics of interest and researching about it.  What a great way to be actively involved in a professional development that actually interests you.  From my experience of professional development, it has always been droll and mind-numbing without much information that I felt was relevant to my campus and student demographic.  With this idea, I can tailor my research to actual problems focused for my students and campus. 
With my first action research, I have chosen the flipped classroom concept.  This is a topic of interest to me.  I was already planning to attempt a little implementation, but can now use this for research and put data with my implementation.  With this I can see how it affects my students learning.  If the research works the way I hope, I will see some improvement in student learning versus traditional teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment