Quote of the week

"I have learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

Sunday, November 24, 2013

"My personal story" reflection



This assignment was interesting.  I used powtoons.com to create my video this week.  The challenge of this program was to time my voice recording with the video.  It was not as simple as I first thought.  The first thing was to script out what I wanted.  That proved the most difficult.  Given only 2 minutes, what was I to show about my life?  What was interesting about my life?  I combed my computer and normal places for my files.  

I ended up showcasing my story as a teacher and my pets.  That is where my passion was.  Teaching was my chosen profession since I was a kid.  I always tell my students stories of Bella, the demon child, and Panther, the "special" cat.  

It was simple to import the pictures into powtoons.  The hard part was to edit it with near perfect timing.  After I had the timing down.  I watched the video and recorded different times where I needed my narrating.  I tried several times to record in order to eliminate ghost static.  I will need to look into how to edit audio to help with the quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment