Quote of the week

"I have learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reflection for EDLD 5366

After been in this program thus far, I hold my passion for technology use into the classroom to be a vital part of education.  I have been one of the few people on campus to be receptive to using technology in the classroom.  I understand the amazing potential the students had at a moment’s notice.  I think I have felt I have been on the right track.  It is difficult to be a lone wolf, knowing how we can explore options for best practices with technology.  As I currently talk with a few of my colleagues and administrators, they are slowing warming up to the idea of technology’s effectiveness.  We see our students become engrossed into their devices daily.  Why not tap into that captive attention for curriculum?  

Andrew Churches published an article in 2008 discussing Bloom’s Taxonomy in a new way.  (Churches, 2008)  I was really excited to see how the technology skills were incorporated into the Bloom’s Taxonomy.  I was very excited how some of the things we may do as teachers with our students (blogging, online responses and critiques to other students) were making it into the HOTS level.  So often, we find it difficult to create a lesson where we can easily incorporate the HOTS levels.  Some subjects have a more difficult time than others.  I began sharing this article with my colleagues and administrators.  

From the Horizons Report, a few of the technologies projected to infiltrate education are already here from my view point. Mobile devices and apps and tablets are enormous with the students.  (2012) I see many students bringing in tablets to use.  I have begun to apply what I have been learning about different technologies in my classroom, trying to show other teachers ways to implement the technology.  I really want to demonstrate and mentor my colleagues into stepping towards technology for education.  


Citations:

Johnson, L., Adams, S., and Cummins, M. (2012). Horizon Report: 2012 K-12 Edition. Retrieved from     
     https://luonline.blackboard.com/bbcswebdav/pid-1026609-dt-content-rid-
     7021990_1/courses/EDLD_5362_ENA_2013_90_AP2/2012-horizon-report-K12.pdf

Churches, A. (2007, April). Bloom's digital taxonomy. Retrieved from 
     http://www.techlearning.com/article/8670

No comments:

Post a Comment